Clinical Research in India
- In India, it is a about US$ 1bilion industry with half of it being accounted for by Clinical Data Management and Pharmacovigilance with companies like TCS, Accenture, Infosys, Wipro, HCL. The other half consists of CROs, Pharma companies and Hospital like Quintiles, Novartis, Max, Fortis, Columbia etc.
- Clinical research and Pharmacovigilance industry is witnessing an incrementing growth rate of over 30% per annum and subsequently creating opportunities for more than 50,000 trained professionals in coming years.
- These positions need professional to hold diploma/ degree certificates in clinical research related functions.
- Work environment along with investments by big companies in India makes it a luring job.
- Clinical Data Management and Pharmacovigilance are a booming industry forming 40% of the business.
- India has all the ingredients to conduct Clinical Research to tap $70 billion opportunity in Clinical Research and Clinical Data Management system.
- Reputed organisations like TCS, Accenture, Cognizant, Quintile, Wipro, HCL, Max, Fortis, Novartis, and Pfizer are recruiting aggressively in the clinical trials area in India.
There are numerous career opportunities for professionals in Pharma companies, CROs (Contract Research organisation), Hospitals, Clinics, and Regulatory Affairs.
- Clinical Research Associate
- Clinical Research Coordinator
- Investigators and Co-investigators
- Regulatory Affairs Manager
- Medical Writers
- Site Coordinators
- Clinical Research Managers
- Clinical Trial Analysts
- Drug Safety Associates
- Business Development Manager
- Clinical Data Manager
- Pharmacovigilance Executive
- Clinical Trials Auditor
- and many more